Digital Account Manager - Retail client
Our client is a Top 10 UK Media Agency, present in 22 markets.
In the UK, they look after over £260m of clients’ media budgets, with a sharp focus on delivering commercial effect. Their client list is impressive and includes Clarins, Ralph Lauren, Puma, charities like BlueCross & Arthritis UK, leading retailers like ASDA & Dixons Carphone Group, travel clients including Disney, Mandarin Oriental, Trainline and TopDeck as well as famous brands like KFC, Kettle Chips and many more.
Overview of role
We are looking for a digital specialist to join the team to play a key role on a large retail account while also working on a small animal charity. The role will suite someone looking to work with innovative, smart and dynamic client teams covering social, content, and B2B campaigns across the brands.
The ideal candidate is looking to work within a closely knit team and be responsible for planning and implementing media campaigns. Building strong relationships with clients and other external partners is also an import part of this role.
With strong existing digital activation experience (agency side preferred) our Account Managers bring with them a thorough understanding of the publisher landscape as well as systems and processes used to successfully implement a display, social, mobile or content campaign. They are strong planners with the ability to successfully put together, sell in and implement solid, well thought out media plans, always with a focus on client’s needs and their business objectives. As an account manager you will manage the day to day work of 2 juniors including - effective delegation, regular 121s, ensuring quality of their work and providing training and support.
Specific work areas for this role:
- Social campaigns across the brands including partnerships with the likes of Unilad, Twisted & Tasty in addition to working with social platforms
- Content distribution campaigns currently including Yahoo Gemini, FB, Pinterest, Snapchat
- B2B campaigns – fairly straight forward and currently a smaller part of this role
- The Charity brand currently planning new activity for 2018
- A proven track record in delivering creativity and innovation in the Display landscape.
- To have a strong understanding of all media markets and in particular an in-depth knowledge of the Digital landscape (display, PPC, mobile, video, programmatic, social).
- Exploring new opportunities in market; not just about digital but instead identifying synergies between different platforms and opportunities that arise.
- Be able to demonstrate a full understanding of how to build a Digital strategy and integrate within a wider communications strategy, whilst delivering award winning work.
- Have strong knowledge and understanding of campaign performance measurement and be able to demonstrate how to optimise towards different KPIs depending on client objectives with a desire to consistently deliver strong results through testing and ongoing optimisation.
- Have an awareness of the commercial requirements of the agency and client requirements from a deal and value perspective.
- To be highly regarded by media owners, clients, colleagues and to have developed close relationships with them.
- Provide support and training for junior team members, including overseeing their output.
- To comprehensively communicate and promote your area of specialism internally and externally.
- Proactively use understanding of clients business to drive conversations with clients and media owners that can influence, persuade.
- Foster the best possible working relationships with suppliers and creative agencies, as well as internal agency departments.
- To be able to manage upwards and downwards appropriately ensuring you have all the information you require to complete tasks and proactively manage deadlines.
- Take part in face to face client meetings and presentations building strong client relationships
- Identify any client issues and resolve them demonstrating excellent personal and problem solving skills.
- Confident presentation and negotiation skills, that have both strong and compelling arguments. Be responsible for ensuring we are passing on all market intelligence and media insight to our clients.
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- Free travel insurance
- Life cover (4 x salary)
- Permanent health insurance (3/4 of gross salary index linked up to the age of 60)
- Free breakfast everyday (including bacon & sausage rolls on a Friday).
- Highly subsidised canteen serving lunch & snacks
- Free eye tests, £50 off first pair of glasses
- Season ticket loan
- Bike to work scheme
- Pension (up to 4% contribution to match yours, plus 10% of NI savings)
- Dental insurance scheme at reduced rates
- Corporate rate gym membership scheme (Fitness First)
- Annual Summer Conference – the last 3 years have been in Lisbon, Prague & Barcelona!
- All-company monthly ‘Skint Nights’
- The usual Christmas Parties etc…
If this position sounds interesting, please contact Dana Penzkofer on Dana.Penzkofer@Adaptive-Digital.com