Job purpose: The Sr. Programmatic Operations Manager will be responsible for managing the programmatic operations team, leading all the programmatic optimisation, data analysis, finance analysis, troubleshooting, helping with programmatic campaigns and playing a key role in programmatic strategy for our client.
The Operations team
The operations team consists of 3 main parts: Campaign management, Programmatic Operations and Ad technology.
This Programmatic Optimisation Manager will be a part of a team of 4 and will have influence on other parts too. The operations team has grown from 2 to 10 members with in the span of last 2 years.
• Familiarity and understanding of current digital advertising offerings and products.
• Ability to multi-task and work efficiently in a high-paced environment.
• Good communication skills and an ability to deal and listen to people at all levels.
• Support Sales teams with reports and analysis for campaign delivery and pitches.
• Comfortable using Microsoft package including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook as well as Google packages.
• Work very closely with Operations Director
• Overseeing and manage the programmatic operations and its strategy for UK, APAC and EMEA
• Manage financial reconciliation
• Work on several programmatic and operation related projects
• Help Troubleshoot any programmatic set up and campaigns
• Manage SSPs and Ad networks.
Expected behaviours –
1. Leadership – These are challenging and changing times so it’s important you provide strong, clear direction and inspire and motivate your staff to deliver against objectives. You should be a trusted figure for your team so should always manage and engage with them with honesty and integrity.
2. Commercial Awareness – Our managers must be able to identify where the market is going and what customers need in order to promote the best business models to deliver value whilst still ensuring a tight rein on finances.
3. Continuous Improvement – Works in a smart, flexible and focussed way, is open to change and suggests ideas for improvements to the way things are done.
4. Collaboration – Builds and maintains positive and supportive working relationships with colleagues. Helps to create an inclusive and professional work environment.
5. Building Capability – Keeps own knowledge and skill set current and evolving and looks for ways to continue learning to support the achievement of business objectives.
6. Quality Service – Delivers high quality and efficient service and takes account of the diverse customer needs and requirements when looking at ways to improve service quality.
7. Responsive Delivery - Works to agreed business goals and objectives and deals with challenges in a constructive and responsive way. Takes personal responsibility for quality of outputs.
8. Information: Understanding the media space and publisher environment. Being aware of the industry, technology changes and its effects.
Day to Day Operations:
• Managing team and their motivation
• Identify any issues and potential revenue opportunities
• Troubleshoot PMPs and maximise their performance
• Daily revenue tracking
• Regularly compare campaign objectives vs. performance data and identify strategies for maximising advertiser ROI
• Work collaboratively with Head of Programmatic and Operations Director on various programmatic strategy
• 1st level troubleshooting of any ad creative issues that affect tracking, implementation, or reporting.
• Day to day contact with various SSPs, adnetworks and finding opportunities to grow more revenue.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• At least 5+ years’ experience working at a media company, SSP or ad network ideally in programmatic space.
• Ability to multi-task and work efficiently in a high-paced environment
• Demonstrable knowledge of RTB, audience data collection / tracking; ad network strategies and tactics, audience targeting best practice, ad serving, media reporting and analytics in web, mobile and video.
• Experience in using Ad server, SSP, DMPs and working with ad networks.
• Ability to work to deadlines, to prioritize work load and deliver accurate information on time to a high standard – and be comfortable under pressure and to work out of hours for issue resolution.
• Strong business acumen and account management skills; financial and revenue accountability.
• Robust analytical abilities and quantitative skills.
• Key attention to detail and ability to spot issues.
• Ability to take ownership and face challenges with enthusiasm.
• Excellent Excel skills (create custom formulas, pivot tables, macros, etc).
If this position sounds interesting, please contact Dana Penzkofer on Dana.Penzkofer@Adaptive-Digital.com