Account Director - Digital Media & Performance Marketing
Our client uses media, content, technology and data to drive profitable growth for their clients, empowering them to do more of what matters most to their businesses.
By growing clients’ businesses they are growing their own business which is equally important, as it creates opportunities for all employees.
This role is set up to manage a team of 6 people which is set up of three account managers and three Executives for who you will be planning out the personal growth plans as well.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to lead the team but equally they are looking for someone who is keen on rolling their sleeves up occasionally to spend time in the platforms with the traders to troubleshoot campaigns. This role is not a completely hands-off role.
It reports directly into the Director of Digital media and you will be a part of the digital senior management team which consists of second Digital Account Director, Head of Search, Programmatic Director & two Digital Strategists.
You will feed into the evolution of our proposition, diversification of services and internal operational processes.
As part of your role you will also manage and lead relationships with some of our key media owners creating partnerships to drive innovation, educate the company's internal team on the latest functionality and agree trade deals to drive incremental income.
The media channels executed in your team will be Paid Search, Display & Paid Social.
Additionally, you will co-ordinate work across our creative, business modelling and analytics services with other diversification planned during 2019.
There will be lots of opportunity to sell to existing clients and get involved in new business RFPs and pitches. You will work closely with client teams to identify opportunities and tailor proposals for clients, essentially you will be a team player and contribute to the wider agency’s development.
Experience & Salary
- 6+ years’ relevant experience in media agencies ideally with some time at an independent
- Experience in PPC, Paid Social & Display
- Direct response campaign experience necessary
- Working knowledge of market tools, tech and media partners
- People management, team leading including personal reviews
- Extensive client facing experience
Core Responsibilities & Deliverables
Client Management - 60% of the role
Grow & Retain
- Create rapport with senior clients. Attend monthly meetings, key client offices and arrange 3-way sessions with tech/media partners.
- Ensure high client satisfaction. Quarterly client satisfaction surveys - identify areas for improvement, introduce new initiatives and monitor the success.
- Create roadmaps for each of your clients for the next 3-12 months and track delivery
- Drive innovation with a 70:20:10 approach to planning
- Oversee campaign planning & rationale building skeleton decks for your team to populate and owning key sections of the strategy
- Utilise agency specialists by understanding all the propositions available to clients and knowing when to bring them into clients
- Identify client opportunities mapped against our product offering. Understand your clients business challenges and proactively create proposals for solutions including incremental spend, new technology and new services/channels.
Team Leadership 30% of the role
Grow & Retain
- Lead the day-to-day team output and provide operational support to your team. You are responsible for all quality control for your team.
- Establish ways of working with other internal stakeholders including the business management team, the planning unit and digital strategists.
- Lead team development creating long-term development plans that utilise individual skills while developing new skills against business needs and addressing individual weaknesses.
- Support the agency on delivering internal people and cultural initiatives when required
Digital Development - 10% of the role
Grow & Retain
- Continuously improve the companies internal processes and policies with the aim to drive efficiencies and better quality outputs
- Market our success, creating, entering and sharing award entries and case studies across the agency
- Grow media owner relationships with allocated key partners
- Identify new services the company can offer to clients where there is a clear need
- Work on new business pitches as and when required
If you would like to know more, please do contact: