Senior Software Engineering Manager (Data Platform)- (Remote Boston or Indianapolis)
The next generation of our data platform will be defined, driven, and created by a world-class team of software engineers, researchers, and data analysts under your direction as the software engineering manager. You will build a group of skilled and highly driven people that can have an impact on decisions at every level of the business, including product management, finance, operations, engineering, and research. This is a position with great potential for advancement and significant visibility and influence.
You must be curious, detail-oriented, motivated by a demanding entrepreneurial atmosphere, comfortable thinking broadly and deeply, and open to experimenting with and improving upon processes as the business expands.
Until the company acquires permanent office space, this function will operate remotely out of Boston or Indianapolis. At that point, this role will be possibly expected to operate in a hybrid capacity in the office.
What we provide:
- Benefits include a competitive salary, significant equity, and 401(k) matching.
- Employees are provided with access to medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Employees can personalize benefits to suit their lifestyles by receiving a monthly lifestyle benefit stipend through the Fringe platform.
What you will do:
- Hire, train, and manage a group of software developers, researchers, and data analysts who will sustain the current data platform and create its successor.
- Process improvements for software development should be made, and the team should be led to provide high-quality software, dashboards, and reports on time.
- Working together with stakeholders from product, finance, and operations, deconstruct requirements into tangible outputs.
- Drive team and overall organization-wide architectural, software quality, and operational improvements. Assist internal stakeholders in identifying and resolving root causes.
- Set attainable goals with the help of technical contributors and engineering managers, manage expectations about what can and cannot be done, and hold both the individual and the team accountable to achieving those goals.
- Encourage the team's professional growth and provide constructive criticism on their output and communication
The following qualifications are required for success:
- BS, MS, or PhD in an engineering or science-related field
- 2+ years of experience as a manager of managers or 4+ years as an engineering manager
- three or more years of expertise in system architecture, design, and scaling
- familiarity with big data technologies including BigQuery, BigTable, NoSQL, Presto, and Apache Hadoop.
- knowledge of object-oriented design, algorithms, and data structures
- strong drive to be an expert in the thing you make and to comprehend the user of the product.
- Possessing the capacity to lead and carry out projects through organizational influence and cross-functional cooperation.
Must be authorized to work in US. This position is not available on a C2C basis. Currently company is not able to provide sponsorship.